I've said it before and I'll say it again: The ocean completely freaks me out.
Sure, its diversity of life is astounding, but it can also be absolutely terrifying when you remember that some of those creatures see you as their next meal.
Not only are you completely out of your element in these waters, but it's impossible to see more than a few feet ahead of you when you start swimming too deep. That's why these underwater scenes are guaranteed to make you more than a little uncomfortable about spending time in the ocean.
1. It's what you can't see that makes this extremely unsettling.
2. You never want to get caught in one of these.
3. It'd be my first instinct to play with a giant eel-like creature, too. NOT.
4. There's no telling what's lurking in the darkness.
5. Ever wonder what a shark's perspective looks like?
6. Why would you do that?
7. This looks like it came straight out of my nightmares.
8. Those legs are just begging to be chomped on.
9. Just imagine how pitch black this scene would be without those beams of light.
10. Whatever you do, don't look down.
11. Please don't go in there.
12. Feeling that helpless has to be so terrifying.
13. I really don't want to know what's in the bottom left corner.
14. You never know what's waiting to grab you...
15. Have fun swimming in that deadly abyss.
16. Thinking about this brushing against my legs makes me shudder.
17. I sincerely hope I never swim anywhere near this horrifying thing.
18. Could you imagine getting stuck in there?
Well, all my fears have just been confirmed about a million times over. At least I know exactly what to say if anyone tries to make me join them for a dip in the deep blue sea.