Do you have time to spend approximately 36,000 hours making lasagna whenever you have a craving for the stuff? Of course you don't.
Like everyone else, you're too busy chasing around kids and pets while also working 40 hours a week (or more) to spend all that time on dinner.
That's where this recipe comes in. Get all the gooey, cheesy goodness of lasagna in less than half the time with this one-pot take on everyone's favorite comfort classic.video-player-present
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 lasagna sheets
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 5 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Warm up olive oil in medium pot over high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and sausage.
- Stir until sausage is almost cooked through.
- Add water and one cup of tomato sauce and heat until it simmers.
- Break up lasagna sheets and add them to the pan.
- Top with the second cup of sauce.
- Add crushed tomatoes and fresh basil leaves to taste.
- Put a lid on the pot and cook over high heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, add dollops of ricotta cheese, and sprinkle on mozzarella.
- Cover and cook for five minutes until the cheese is melted.